Sunday, November 27, 2011

Just a rant..






Ok, so I'm gonna start off by saying "Happy Belated Thanksgiving!". I hope you all had a nice and relaxing Thursday, and didn't get to sick from overeating!

Now, The subject of this rant is Dolls. Yes, dolls.
Not Barbies, not Cabbage patch kids, but reborn dolls.
My interest in these things is an on and off thing.
Sometimes I plan on trying to make one, and sometimes I just forget all about them. 

A reborn doll is pretty much just a regular baby doll that has been given a major makeover by an amazing artist. I have such respect for the people who make these dolls, because I know that it's a very time consuming and difficult process. 

Most times, these dolls come out absolutely gorgeous! 

A long time ago I painted a picture in my mind of my perfect baby doll. (It's not that I play with dolls, I collect them. I swear!)
I decided that it was a beautiful, realistic Asian doll. It would weigh as much as a real baby, and it would fool my friends into thinking it was real. 
I have a very clear vision of what it would look like, I'm not sure where it came from. Probably a picture of a really cute Baby I saw online or something.

I've been looking for a while for a doll similar to the picture in my mind, and though I haven't found an identical doll (and highly doubt that I ever will), I found the closest thing today! 

This is little Kameko. Isn't she the cutest thing?

I've decided that If I can ever get enough money, I'll probably have her custom made by Neverland nursery
                               
I really don't know... 

Anyway, that was my rant! 

Hope It didn't bore you too much!







No comments:

Post a Comment